Labor, Workforce, and Economic Development
We focus on issues affecting jobs in every industry.
We aim to diversify the City's workforce and ensure equity. Our committee also works to find ways to encourage economic empowerment, fair working conditions and workforce development.
We’re interested in:
- public and private collective bargaining units
- wages and hours
- standards and statistics
- job creation and retention
- occupational health and safety, and
- the development of employment opportunities and training
We work to support the efforts of the Boston Employment Commission.
Still have questions? Contact:
Have questions for our committee?
Please email us at email@example.com.Need to Know
The City Council is made up of 15 standing committees. We also create special committees to address certain needs in Boston.
Committee chairCommittee chair
Vice chairVice chair
Groups we oversee
- Office of Workforce Development
- Contract Compliance Office
- Consumer Affairs and Licensing
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Inspectional Services