- Read the key items for the event guidelines, as of April 30, 2021.
- Reopening Phase 3, Step 2 advisory: Beginning March 1, 2021, in Boston, restaurants will be permitted to be at full seated capacity with social distancing. Live entertainment, including DJs and trivia, will not be permitted inside of restaurants until March 22, 2021, at the earliest. Indoor performance venues and indoor recreation (for example, skating rinks, escape rooms, laser tag, trampolines, and obstacle courses) will not be permitted to open until March 22, 2021. Read the advisory.
- Entertainment license renewal for 2021: If you have not submitted an entertainment renewal application, please email Entertainment2021@boston.gov. Visit our renewal page for more information on the renewal process.
If you need help with filing a consumer complaint or information on your consumer rights, contact the Consumer Affairs Office.
We license and regulate entertainment activities in Boston. We maintain safety and order in Boston's restaurants and nightclubs through the licensing and monitoring of entertainment activities. Find out more about our work.
Hearings and meetingsHearings and meetings
Forms and applicationsForms
- Annual Live Entertainment License
- Annual Non-Live Entertainment License
- Annual Automatic Amusement Devices License
- Public Event Portal (Special Event License Application)
- One-Time Entertainment License (Instructions for One-Time Application submission)
- One-Time Carnival License
- 2020 Annual License Renewal Directions and Checklist