Employee Assistance Program
We promote, establish, and increase quality of life, good health, and personal experiences. Our goal is to work in collaboration with authorities, commissions, employees and family members to restore and initiate well-being in work and life.
The program is offered to the City of Boston workers and their family members, participating authorities, and commissions. The service is available regardless of position or length of employment. It's confidential, and available at no cost.
Groups we help include:
- Boston Housing Authority
- Boston Public Health Commission
- Boston Public Schools
- Boston Redevelopment Authority
- Boston Water and Sewer Commission, and
- City of Boston Credit Union.
"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Employee Assistance Program address: 43 Hawkins Street
Ground level GA
Boston, MA 02114
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
To protect your privacy, please keep the message to a minimum.
Please note: We have received numerous requests from centers and groups asking us to include their organizations on our site. Unfortunately, our resource list is at capacity. We will only make updates as the need arises.
Our programsOur Programs
We have a list of resources for alcohol and drug recovery, childcare, domestic violence, mental health, and much more.
The program is offered to City of Boston Credit Union members and City of Boston workers.
We're partnering with the Boston Public Health Commission to help employees quit smoking.
The awareness campaign is designed to decrease the stigma associated with the topic of mental health.
News and announcementsLatest news
Learn about our work
Our focus is one of well-being — we focus on the whole person. Our services are designed to assist those we serve in identifying and resolving personal concerns, problems, and issues. Well-being integrates physical, mental health, and whole life experiences resulting in a more holistic approach. It includes the presence of positive emotions and moods, satisfaction with life, fulfillment and positive functioning.
We use a preventative solution focus approach by offering: education, information, resources, and skills.We offer:
- Safe, supportive, and confidential environment where someone can come, get necessary help without any hassles, stigmatizations, or judgment.
- Counseling and supportive services by providing a comprehensive range of solutions.
- Psychological: Positive emotions and resilience
- Physical: Health promotion, disease management
- Financial: Becoming literate in all things financial
- Work: Central to adult identification, human development, and functioning.
- Social: Quality of relationships, networking
Our focus is on prevention. We apply a proactive solution focus approach by providing education, information, and skills. We have numerous resources on our website, including resource links by category, employee newsletters, information on stress in the workplace, and more.
Usually employees contact us when conditions and relationships in one area of their lives (work) begin to impact them in other ways (life outside of work and home). These two interconnect causing spillover, which can lead to stress. When most employees contact us they identify the number one issue as stress, and we help them.
First, we identify their options, and from those options we help them:
- Select choices: there are always choices no matter what.
- Find a level of support: we express how important having a support network is, close friends and family.
- Normalize: it’s normal for us as human beings to experience stress. It’s a normal body reaction.