- The City of Boston's indoor mask mandate is in effect as of August 27, 2021. Read the Licensing Board advisory.
- Read the Board's advisory regarding the delivery of alcoholic beverages, as well as the prohibition of the delivery of alcoholic beverages to Department of Conservation and Recreation properties.
- Stay updated: Join the Small Business Conference call every Tuesday at 3 p.m. on Zoom.
2022 license renewals
|License Type (Click for instructions)||Renewal Period||Online Renewal Form||Contact Email|
|Common Victualler (No Alcohol)||September 6, 2021 - October 31, 2021||RenewCV@boston.gov|
|Common Victualler/ Alcohol Beverages §12||November 1 - 30, 2021||RenewAlcohol@boston.gov|
|Package Stores §15||November 1 - 30, 2021||RenewAlcohol@boston.gov|
|Billiards / Bowling / Pool||October 1 - November 30, 2021||RenewAlcohol@boston.gov|
|Druggist||November 1 - 30, 2021||RenewAlcohol@boston.gov|
|Innholder No Alcohol||November 1 - 30, 2021||RenewAlcohol@boston.gov|
|Entertainment||November 1 - December 12, 2021||Entertainment@boston.gov|
|Cannabis||October 1 - 31, 2021||RenewCannabis@boston.gov|
Licensing Board hearings are typically held during the first and last week of the month at either 10 a.m. or 1 p.m. You may contact the Board to verify the upcoming hearing dates at LicensingBoard@boston.gov.
- Violation hearings: Tuesdays
- Transactional (application) hearings: Wednesdays
- Voting hearings: Thursdays
Hearings and MeetingsHearings and Meetings
Licensing Board information
The Licensing Board grants and regulates various types of alcohol and food licenses for restaurants, nightclubs, and other establishments in Boston.Licensing Board information