Household Electronics Recycling
We host electronic waste recycling drop-off events throughout the year for City of Boston residents only.
You must be a Boston resident to drop unwanted materials at our Household Hazardous Waste Days. You need to provide a photo ID, utility bill, or lease as proof of residency. We will not accept any waste from businesses. We also reserve the right to reject any materials that do not meet our regulations. Scroll down to learn more about the materials we accept.
Have questions? Contact:public works
1 CITY HALL SQUARE, ROOM 714
BOSTON, MA 02201
ELECTRONIC WASTE DROP-OFF AND PAPER SHREDDING EVENT
Drop off household electronic waste, and have your documents shredded at the e-waste drop-off and paper shredding event.
When: Saturday, May 7, 2022| 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Where: 1205 VFW Parkway, Boston MA
- Proof of Boston residency is required.
- We will shred up to 10 copy-sized boxes of documents.
- We will not accept any waste from businesses.
- We will only accept electronic waste and paper at this event. Do not bring other waste materials.
Upcoming eventsUpcoming events
Recycling Household Electronics Tips
- Collect electronic waste in a bin throughout the year, then, bring all electronic waste to one of our Hazardous Waste Days.
- For air conditioner, television, laptop, dehumidifier, and refrigerator disposal, request a pickup through BOS:311.
- If you have any questions about accepted materials, contact 311.
- Please note: You can place furniture out with your regular trash.
- Before recycling electronics, see if you can donate or reuse first.
Accepted ElectronicsAccepted Electronics
Computers: desktops, towers, laptops, and tablets
LCD flat panel monitors
Printers: inkjets, laserjets, copiers, and scanners
Networking equipment: switches, routers, and servers
Batteries: UPS, laptop, cell phone
Audio and Video equipment: VHS players, DVD players, stereos, speakers, headphones
Telephones: cell phones and landline phones
Other electronic accessories: keyboards, mouse devices, cables, and wires
Air conditioners and refrigerators
All other appliances not mentioned already.
If you have any questions about accepted items, please contact 311.