Small Grants Trust Program
Our program is supported by a series of small trusts bequeathed to the City of Boston for the benefit of its residents.
We want to ensure spending from each trust reflects the original donors’ wishes. Grants range from $500 to $2,000 depending on availability of funds and demonstrated need.
For the spring round, the Small Grants program accepted applications in five program areas. Please identify which program area applies to your request in the application form:
- Charitable and humane purposes (providing humanitarian aid or services)
- Special or new recreation for Bostonians
- Recreational (play or sports) areas for children
- To adorn and embellish (or beautify and enhance) Boston's streets and public spaces
- Summer outdoor (nature) enrichment trips for children
Have questions? Contact:Treasury
How to Apply
Grant eligibility requirements
In order to be eligible for these funds, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a nonprofit (501c3), OR a community organization partnered with a nonprofit with 501c3 status that agrees to serve as the fiscal agent. This may include partnering with a City of Boston department that agrees to serve as the fiscal agent.
- Projects and programs must provide services in Boston for the benefit of Bostonians.
- Must have TWO (2) contact people.
- Must commit to submit a report documenting how the funds were spent in keeping with the original grant proposal after the project is complete.
- Has not received a grant from the Small Grants Trust Program (SGTP) within the past year. Only one SGTP grant per organization per calendar year.
The next deadline for grant applications is June 1, 2023. Grant applications are now available.
Language and Communications Services
Para solicitar servicios de traducción o interpretación, por favor, comuníquese con: firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-635-0545 y LCA@boston.gov
Pou mande sèvis tradiksyon ak/oswa entèpretasyon, tanpri kontakte: email@example.com or 617-635-0545 ak LCA@boston.gov
Cabo Verdean Creole:
Pa pidi servisus di traduson y/ô interpretason, favor kontakta: firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-635-0545 y LCA@boston.gov
如要求翻译和/或口译服务，请 联络：email@example.com or 617-635-0545 和 LCA@boston.gov 。
Để yêu cầu dịch vụ biên dịch và/hoặc thông dịch, vui lòng liên hệ: firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-635-0545 và LCA@boston.gov trước