Friends of Boston's Homeless
Friends of Boston’s Homeless supports solutions-oriented programs with proven track records that help people transition from the streets and shelters into safe, dignified housing and reclaim their lives.
Friends of Boston’s Homeless is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization. They help develop and support innovative, solution-oriented programs. These programs help the homeless move beyond shelter and back into the community. They increase public awareness and understanding of the realities of homelessness.
For more information, please visit www.fobh.org.
We have many ways for individuals and groups to volunteer with us.
Opportunities for Groups:
- Community Meals Program: Serve and/or sponsor dinner for the hundreds of emergency shelter guests at our shelters.
- Painting and/or Cleaning Projects: Help create a welcoming setting for our emergency shelters and transitional programs.
We are always interested in new ideas for activities. If you have a special talent or expertise you would like to share with us we would like to hear from you.
Opportunities for Groups and Individuals:
- Donation Drive for Critically Needed Items: Organize a drive at your work, school, or organization. These drives benefit our emergency shelters and transitional programs. Please see below for our wish list or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recreational or Health-focused Activities: Lead fun activities in our shelters. Activities can include sing-a-longs, Bingo, board games, walking groups, etc.
- Life Skills and Support Groups: Provide groups or services in our shelters and transitional programs. Groups can include educational groups, spirituality-based services, or support groups. Topics could include self-esteem building, meditation, or goal-setting.
- Tutoring: Tutor guests in reading, math, GED Prep, computer literacy, and budgeting.
Donate critically needed items. All donated items are for adults. Please schedule all donation drop offs. For information, please call (617) 534-6100 or email us at email@example.com.
The following items may be new or gently used:
- Tee-shirts & Thermal wear
- Sneakers & Boots
- Jeans & Pants
- Sweatshirts & Sweaters
- Winter Coats & Raincoats
- Hats, Gloves & Scarves
- Suits & Dress Shirts
- Dresses & Skirts
- Raincoats & Umbrellas
- Duffel Bags & Backpacks
- Belts & Wallets
- Board games & Decks of Cards
- Eyeglasses & Sunglasses
- Books, Journals, & Note cards
The following items must be new:
- Toothbrushes & Toothpaste
- Sunscreen & Lotion
- Hair Brushes & Combs
- Shampoo & Conditioner