Our office at Room 601 in City Hall is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. No daily transactions will be processed after 4 p.m. Constituents most commonly visit the City of Boston City Clerk to file for a business certificate, domestic partnership, raffle, or notarized document.
Please note: The following are NOT reasons to visit the City Clerk's Office:
- Contact the Registry Department if you want to file for a marriage license or have requests for birth and death certificates. You can contact the department at 617-635-4175 or email@example.com.
- Contact the Parking Clerk's Office if you want to:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: Governor Charlie Baker announced an emergency order modifying the State’s Open Meeting Law. The order order suspends the requirement for public access to the physical location where a public meeting is taking place, provided there are other means of access. Read the emergency order.
Upcoming meetings and hearings
City Council meetings
Please keep in mind:
- The City Council meets every Wednesday at 12 p.m. You can find agendas for City Council Meetings online, or at our office after 4 p.m. on the Monday before a meeting.
- City Council meeting minutes are available online or through our office after 4 p.m. on the Friday after the meeting.
- We recently launched a new legislative management system. Starting August 16, 2021, City Council meetings can be found on that site. Meetings before August 16, can be found on the old site while we work to transfer everything over.
- Please note: Indexed videos before August 16, 2021, are currently unavailable. Past City Council meetings and livestreams are still available on the Boston City TV YouTube page.