Our department directs all municipal, state, and federal elections within Boston. As part of our work, we also register voters, conduct an annual census, and educate the public on voting.
Complete the Annual Resident Listing Form!
We maintain the integrity of our voting records by conducting an annual census in Boston. The information also provides the basis for the jury list given to the state courts each year. You can fill out the census online:
1 City Hall Square, Room 241
Boston, MA 02201
Office hoursMonday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Special state election
- Special State Primary: May 2, 2023; Voter Registration Deadline: April 22, 2023
- Special State Election: May 30, 2023; Voter Registration Deadline: May 20, 2023
District 8 City Councilor
- Special Preliminary Municipal Election: June 27, 2023; Voter Registration Deadline: June 17, 2023
- Special Municipal Election: July 25, 2023; Voter Registration Deadline: July 15, 2023
- Preliminary Municipal Election: September 12, 2023; Voter Registration Deadline: September 2, 2023
- Municipal Election: November 7, 2023; Voter Registration Deadline: October 28, 2023
Where to start
City of Boston Issues Reminders Ahead of 2022 State Election
Preparations Ahead of the 2022 State Election Announced
City of Boston Announces Preparations Ahead of the 2022 State Primary
Guide to voting in Boston
Get information on your voting location, election results, and more.
You can access the following forms on the State's website
- Massachusetts Mail-In Registration Form
- Massachusetts Mail-In Registration Form (Spanish)
- National Voter Registration Form
- National Voter Registration Form (Spanish)