The Boston Public Health Commission provides a wealth of information related to preventing and treating infectious diseases.
BPHC has been leading Boston’s collaborative response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Find the latest data on the Boston COVID-19 Dashboard and our COVID-19 response page.
The Boston Public Health Commission encourages everyone to know the signs and symptoms of monkeypox, understand prevention strategies, and get vaccinated if you are eligible. Learn more about monkeypox.
Questions about our work? Want to learn more?
1010 Massachusetts Ave
BOSTON, MA 02118
Meet the DirectorDirector
What we do
The Boston Public Health Commission's Infectious Disease Bureau strives to:
- reduce the impact of infectious diseases
- prevent morbidity associated with these diseases
- create healthier lives for Boston residents
Work within the Infectious Disease Bureau includes:
- disease surveillance
- investigating cases and outbreaks
- funding HIV/AIDS-related education and care through the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Modernization Act
- community and provider education related to other communicable diseases
- providing clinical and administrative support for Boston Medical Center's Tuberculosis Clinic
Programs and intiatives
A - Z of infectious diseases and conditions
Learn more about various infectious diseases and conditions.
Boston Healthcare providers and clinical laboratories are required to report all suspected or diagnosed cases of communicable diseases to BPHC.
Diseases from animals
Explore the various diseases and infections associated with animals.
Education and Community Engagement
The mission of this program is to get Boston residents the necessary information to protect themselves from communicable diseases.
Learn about food safety and foodborne illness.
Flu Information Center
Prepare for flu season with our flu information center.
Learn what the City is doing to protect residents from mosquitos.
Ryan White HIV Services Division
Check out HIV/AIDS education and health resources in the City of Boston.
Sexually Transmitted Infections
Get answers for frequently asked questions about STIs.
Take a look at the resources available for people with TB.